Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Have you ever seen the stars shine on a cloudy night?

Have you ever seen the stars shine on a cloudy night?

Have you ever had someone handle the stellar sights
by thought of words, making the dark flicker
in the midst of will alone?

For the soul purpose of brightening up your vallied days,
has someone pulled the polished rocks from the sky
and set them on a ring?

Rolling off my tongue,
I can make a moon fall to my fingers,
tumble knuckle over knuckle
like a silver dollar paying for your every trouble.

I can make the twinkling distant suns
lay in my palm
like coins to a begging mans heart.

For you,
I could turn the earth backwards
to beg a king for the love
souls shouldn’t deserve to own
without blessing from Arthur’s throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment