Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Everchanging

                                             contradictions
These are the ever-changing confessions, of a dangerously troubled man,                                     

These are my slow paced songs, my heart wrenching poems, my quiet emotions, my admissions of guilt, free-formed verse without help, my flawed master plan;

These are my constant worries, my random thoughts, my ongoing curse;

These are my impressions, the first ideas I cement, my judgment free reflections staring at me;

These are the ramblings of the mad, the forever lost, the tortured regrets, the depressed, and the weak;

These are my beating heart, the pressure on my chest, my slow dragging steps, my face glancing down, stomach turning onto itself;

These are dedicated to those that feel the sorrow, the melancholy, all those that know low empty sensations gnawing at every waking moment.

These are for those who share my common ground, the feeling of colorblind eyes shivering in black and white, the sour shade of a room; the absence of colorful light;

These are for those seeking hope, guidance, care, happiness, and grace;

These are for those who refuse to give up, who’s feet feel heavy but don’t stop;

Those who don’t feel anything anymore, the hollow men lost in the crowd; who don’t know where they’re going and don't care to find a spotlight;

These are to show that no matter the odds, progress is possible, pushing through raging waters, climbing insurmountable obstacles;

These are me and I will always remain pushing on feeling the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment