Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Biting Words


I tried so hard to tell you off, but stumbled on my words. I could not outpour the hate I wanted so badly to say. Maybe out of good wisdom, I bit my tongue, or in recognition of my future crumbling, I wrestled with those words, I wanted so sourly to spew, but refrained. Either way, you never heard the honest truth of what I had stocked, buried cocked, with rejected memories, forever echoing silently. The vocabulary, burned in my throat and tiptoed behind my lips. The well-prepared syllables expressed completely, the person I hoped to never meet. I need you to stay at shouting space. Exactly, what I wanted to pronounce, when nothing but this odium of anger coursed in my thoughts. Increasing in distance from your ears, the monologue I swallowed is never explored, but was ready to explode. As I chose a higher ground, from such suggestions of inequality of human respect, these words, these sounds of utter detest, sat in lonesome squalor out of reach; finding themselves pressed to the roof of my mouth and dissolved to a bitter taste of defeat. My words, my poor heartbroken speech, in time will soon be forgotten letters I had in mind; wisely choose to never speak. Instead, I left you alone with your guilt and self-doubt, worse than any rotting discourse I could have spoke out. Tell yourself all the words I bring with my turning shoulder, happily alone without a sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment