Saturday, October 2, 2010

I Stand on Skyscrapers at Midnight


I stand on skyscrapers at midnight
like curtains draping out the morning light
with the heated violent world below
each summer breeze magnifying surrounds me
An escape worth holding on for

Planting on a church tower at sunset
like sand holding a seat I won’t forget
with the cold preying world below
each tickle of snowflake chills me
Heavens soft touch I suppose

I sleep on a creaking tree limb at sunrise
like a man’s eyes sheltered after he cries
with the warm rustling world below
each spring fancy fling excites me
Pinching my attention awake

I lie on top of mountains at night
like a fib I’m scared to recite
with the bitter tumbling earth below
each shouting wind surprises me
Shaking my existence to the core

I jump on slanting rooftops at high noon
like a noose I’ve seen stretched for a silver spoon
with the falling playing world below
each slipping tile startles me
Sneaking shivers keep me froze

I reign on top of the world at dawn
like an all encompassing yawn
with the reluctant world accepting below
each crying sigh of shattered hopes depresses me
Drowning my dreams at shore

I sit at a small wooden desk at midday
like I’m wondering if this is all a charade
with the combusting world speeding outside
each clicking letter humbles me
Mashing my boredom to bits

No comments:

Post a Comment