Sunday, October 17, 2010

I Thought About You


Per la mia sorella,

Outside, cold, under the broken stars with an open heart
Falling upward, through drops, I strove to make my wish spark.
It felt heavy, destined to doom from the start
I tried to reach the streaks of far-flung fires with my heart.

I made a wish because I thought about you
It was genuinely all I could do
I admit it won’t ever come true
So I sat silently in a horseshoed courtyard thinking about you.

As Miles swooned between us, I gave myself to this night,
Letting everything else disappear out of sight
So this roving memory would gain might.
Accepting finite certainty I gave up to this night.

I waited under the twinkling suns alone
Let it come true and be known
I don’t wish to glimpse etched stone.
I remained stranded in a yard all alone.

I sat starring, as the starry sky turned black
The thought emptied from my voice, as faith lacked
I wished maybe as a constellation you’d come back
Unanswered, my hope turned black.

No comments:

Post a Comment